Kevin McLaughlin, Chief of Party
Majlinda Vogli, Finance and Administrative Manager
Genc Radovicka, ICT Expert
Elton Stafa, Decentralization and Public Finance Expert
Silvana Meko, Tax Expert
Laureta Memo, Civil Engagement Expert
Sarah Keese, Gender Expert
Albina Shehu, Gender Expert
Edlira Shtëpani, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Expert
Nevila Popa, Local Economic Development Expert
Robert Korkuti, Countering Violent Extremism Expert
Erald Lamja, Communication Expert
Durim Tabaku, IT and Administration Officer
Sabina Sina, Finance Assistant
Diamanta Vito, Project Officer/Municipal Management Expert
Kujtim Cuku, Driver
Genc Manastirliu, Driver
The USAID Planning and Local Governance Project in Albania (PLGP) has immediate opening for the part-time positions of Local Coordinator for each of the municipalities of Bulqize, Cerrik, Kamza, Librazhd, Peshkopi, and Pogradec. The goal of PLGP is to provide technical assistance and training to the Government of Albania (GoA) and to Albanian local government institutions – to help successfully implement decentralization legislation, policies and reforms; assist local governments to better provide municipal services and economic development opportunities; and to address factors that can lead to violent extremism. USAID PLGP is implemented by Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev).
The position requires someone who is motivated, enthusiastic, and demonstrates a track record of productive engagement in his or her community. Candidates should be able to demonstrate fruitful work with local organizations and local officials. We consider activities with women’s or youth groups (formal or informal) especially valuable experience. Individuals are required to be able to coordinate with and organize stakeholders (women, youth, ethnic and religious minorities, as well as community leaders and officials) in their municipality, including stakeholders from rural and urban administrative units; produce reports in Albanian language; work under pressure and meet deadlines; work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; be productive both individually and as part of a team; and have excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. We prefer some ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English, but this is not a requirement.
This is intended to be an approximately one and a half-year part-time position with a start date in March 2019. Please see below some specific requirements for the position.
Local Coordinator – Position Requirements
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in fields such as community development, municipal development, social services, youth activities/employment, gender equality, women’s rights, women’s empowerment, economic opportunity, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, leading, and/or monitoring programs or activities that address concerns or deliver services related to women, youth, and vulnerable populations;
- Comfort in working with potentially sensitive subject matters such as violent extremism, domestic violence, and discrimination.
- Proven ability to motivate, convene, engage and coordinate with stakeholders at the local level;
- Familiarity with institutional development at the local level and/or experience helping establish, formalize, or grow local civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated experience in organizing trainings and/or community events and familiarity with simple research methods like organizing focus groups and collecting data for purposes of monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to communicate needs and seek common purposes between community members, municipalities, and local leaders.
To Apply: Please email full, current CV in reverse chronological format and cover letter to email@example.com
Please refer to the Local Coordinator (for your Municipality— Bulqize, Cerrik, Kamza, Librazhd, Peshkopi, or Pogradec) Position in the subject line. Applications must be received by close of business on March 15, 2019 to be considered. Only candidates meeting the qualifications detailed above will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.